Go Back   BBE BowlingBallExchange > Certified Ball Reviews > InSite Ball Reviews
Wicked Hook and Devastating Carry!
Always on? 

InSite SuperNatural
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 PM
B O W L E R
USBC Level 1-2 Coach

F.O.S
BBE Site Administrator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 2 reviews
iTrader Rating: (2)
Submit Trade Feedback
RevZiLLa's USBC Achievements PageID: 2357-5558
RevZiLLa's eBay Home Page RevZiLLa's facebook Page Buy me a Soda?
InSite SuperNatural

Do you believe in the SuperNatural?

The SuperNatural will be InSite's most agressive ball to date. This ball will be targeted towards heavy oil conditions and will be so aggressive that it will feel like it starts hooking in your backswing!

Specifications
Color:Purple with Black swirls and Neon Green lettering
Hook (0-10):11 (strong continuous arc)
Length:2-5 (very versitile cover - see notes below)
Coverstock:Easy Change, Medium Load Particle
Core:Mark Russo's EFFEX Core
RG:2.55
Differential:0.41
Factory finish: Dull, 220 Grit
Weights:14, 15, and 16 pounds
Lane Conditions:Medium to Heavy Oil

Notes about the coverstock:This ball's cover is so versatile that out of the box it will hook off the lane. The cover can be shined to a high sheen and the ball will become lengthy but never overreact off the dry. Even shined up, this ball will have one steady continuous motion that hits hard but does not overreact off the dry.

BBE Members, please post your reviews below.
* NOTE - In order to ensure quality, ball reviews are checked by staff before they are shown in the thread below. Staff may ask you to make your reveiw more substantive or less inflammatory

Suggested ball review template
http://www.bowlingballexchange.com/s...ad.php?t=17493

Re: InSite SuperNatural
Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 AM
USBC Bronze Level Coach

F.O.S
PBA Hall of Famer

Trade Feedback: 4 reviews
iTrader Rating: (4)
Submit Trade Feedback
psaunders300's USBC Achievements PageID: 348-2993
psaunders300's facebook Page Buy me a Soda?

BALL SPECS
Pin Length -
2.5" pin
Starting Top Weight -
2 oz tw
Ball Weight - 15.3 (before drilling)
DRILL PATTERN
Mark drilled my SuperNatural with the pin above the ring finger and the CG in line with the pin. This drilling gives the SuperNatural some length and a strong continuous backend.

BOWLER STYLE
Rev Rate -
approx. 275-300
Ball Speed -
17-18
PAP/Track -
My PAP is 5 1/4" over and 3/8" up
Hand: LH

PICTURE AND VIDEO LINKS
Pic of the Ball: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/psaunder...803986423942/3
Here is a video of me throwing the ball - http://insitebowlingproducts.com/vid...atural-low.wmv

SURFACE PREPARATION
OOB -
Grit is 320, Surface is dull
My Ball -
Grit is 8
00, Surface is polished

LANE CONDITION
House #1 - Greenmount bowl - wood lanes
Length -
37 ft.
Volume -
light volume
Type (Wall, Xmas Tree, Sport) -
Wall

House #2 - Brunswick Columbia - synthetic lanes
Length -
ft.
Volume -
medium to medium-heavy volume
Type (Wall, Xmas Tree, Sport) -
Xmas tree pattern

COMMENTS
Gives me confidence on oily lanes and tighter shots. I am able to really open up the lane with this one.

Dislikes
Cannot be thrown on lighter volumes of oil

My Review
I tried to use this ball on my Tuesday night league (a house with wood lanes and lighter volumes of oil), but there is just not enough oil for it to get to the pins with any energy. I had Mark bring the surface up to about 800 grit and polish it so that it does not make a move quite as early. This allows me to use the ball at this house from inside lines when I need to.

I took the SuperNatural out for a test drive at a house with a synthetic surface and a medium to medium-oily shot (they double oil on Thursdays for their three leagues and I had the opportunity to bowl on the shot right after they had oiled them). My normal line in this house is down and in (12 to 5 line) and with the SuperNatural I am able to move right -- me being left handed, and throw from 20 out to about 7 at the break and watch this ball hook back to the pocket. The ball is very smooth at the breakpoint and makes a hard continuous turn. I was truly impressed with its smooth the reaction and how I could open up the lane using it.

The ball does need oil, so use this ball on its intended condition. It will be a great match for medium to heavy sport shots and flatter conditions!

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have specific questions about the ball, I will be happy to answer them.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM
up and coming
BBE Rules!

Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback

BALL SPECS
Pin Length - 3-4
" pin
Starting Top Weight -
2.5 oz
Ball Weight - 16.1 (before drilling)
DRILL PATTERN
5x3 1/2
BOWLER STYLE
Rev Rate -
approx. 440- 500
Ball Speed -
17-18
PAP/Track -
My PAP is 5 by 7/8" up mainly
Hand: RH

SURFACE PREPARATION
OOB -
Grit is 320, Surface is dull

Just the way it needs to be

Lane Condition
Typically House SHot

COMMENTS
This ball hooks more than anything i seen in this world. It has a strong continuous motion and never loses energy

Dislikes

It is no longer being re manufactured, and I can't legally marry it lol.

My Review

I haven't bowled in a few years, and recently decided to start again. I am friends with Marks Russo's (owner of Insite) Mother, and she alerted me of her son's company that he started years ago. Ive had every ball except the supernatural at the time, and didn't even realize that. I was able to bring mark out of retirement, and get him to drill me one of these bad boys. I was rolling a colossus at the time, and he told me this ball wouldn't even stay on the lane for me. Ofcourse i didn't believe him. I then rolled the first ball and the ball hooked across the lane, going into the left channel. I was truly amazed. He said he could wet sand the coverstock up and give me a much more smoother and controllable reaction. I decided to leave it as is. U never know when you'll face a conditon where you need something like this. I tried rolling the ball flatter, and then took off a 4 pin. WOWWW. Oh by the way i was in the pocket with my colossus the whole time. Totally amazing. I also just had drilled a defiant soul i will post on that next...