MOTIV Octane Carbon Video
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 AM

Stroker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback
MOTIV Octane Carbon Video

DESCRIPTION: The Octane Carbon is the third Octane in the series, but is unlike the first two. It uses the BRAND NEW Injector Core, as well as a BRAND NEW cover, Agitator MXR Pearl. The addition of the Octane Carbon will actually force the Venom Cobra to move left on the ball guide (http://www.motivbowling.com/resources/ball-guide.html), which will place the Octane Carbon in the angular, light to medium oil slot.

REACTION: The Octane Carbon offers plenty of length, even on the most beat up patterns or in long blocks. With how fast the ball clears through the front part of the lane it picks up even faster when it hits friction. This will not be a first ball out of the bag for too many styles, but that is not the intention of this release. So far every time I have went to this ball it has been the right choice… a dependable ball that always provides length and great recovery is an asset for late in tournaments or even near the end of league sets. One additional note, there are those balls that just seem to have that extra carry, this ball has provided me with a very high carry percentage so far.

Comparisons: The Venom Cobra is not as clean and is smoother than the Octane Carbon. Therefore, if you think that a Venom Cobra is angular that will put in perspective just how much quicker the Octane Carbon responds to friction. A Paranoia is also not as clean and not quite as angular but has more hook potential compared to the Octane Carbon. If you are trying to create an arsenal this ball is just as important as having the high-end asymmetrical ball, in fact it will give you complete opposite shapes, allowing you to fill in whatever you need in-between.

Summary: Do NOT overlook the Octane Carbon just because you did not like the first two, the ONLY thing the same is the Octane logo! The ball will perform as stated, no tricks with this one. Length, there is plenty of that. Angular, no doubt you can see the ball change direction very fast.

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi | Genesis | BowlerX.com

Last edited by MOTIVmags; 03-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Re: MOTIV Octane Carbon Video
Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Brickguy221

F.O.S
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 15 reviews
iTrader Rating: (15)
Submit Trade Feedback

I don't see any video....

Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Brickguy221

F.O.S
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickguy221 View Post
Never mind ... It is available over on BR.....

Old 03-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Senior Member - Survived to Retirement!
US Military Service
BBE Ain't Got One YET Club
F.O.S
Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback
Thumbs up Re: MOTIV Octane Carbon Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickguy221 View Post
Video works for me. I know you want all knowledge of the MOTIV Octane ball(s) as per your previous post here about said balls, so I can understand you wanting to know about this NEW Motiv ball. So do I. Looking forward to written information coming here in the near future.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Brickguy221

F.O.S
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjames View Post
Video works for me. I know you want all knowledge of the MOTIV Octane ball(s) as per your previous post here about said balls, so I can understand you wanting to know about this NEW Motiv ball. So do I. Looking forward to written information coming here in the near future.
A blank page and no visible video link to click on is what shows up on my computer. Over on BR the link shows up there.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Senior Member - Survived to Retirement!
US Military Service
BBE Ain't Got One YET Club
F.O.S
Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback

Weird! I'm a computer novice in all ways, so don't have a clue. Glad that you were able to view the video though. Still waiting for a written post on stats of said ball since I am interested in this Octane line of balls. Have read about said ball @ Bowler's X as well as the home page of maker plus Buddies. That gives me a wee bit more information. Maybe no reviews until the ball actually hit's the market?