Always on? 

Drilling Storm SureLock
Old 07-03-2017, 03:10 PM
BBE Rules!

Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback
Drilling Storm SureLock

I just bought this ball and had it drilled....I'm a low-rev, slow-speed guy. I don't understand the complexities of drilling a ball, and so I put myself in the hands of the pro shop and told him that I need all the help I can get from the drilling! I know it's after-the-fact but can someone tell me, if possible from the picture and the info I've given you, the ball-reaction characteristics that would result from this drilling?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_135449.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	20646  

Re: Drilling Storm SureLock
Old 07-03-2017, 05:28 PM

Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback
faballfan's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Not without knowing your PAP For starters. Just take the ball out for yourself and see what it does

Old 07-03-2017, 09:01 PM

BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Trade Feedback: 18 reviews
iTrader Rating: (18)
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by faballfan View Post
Not without knowing your PAP For starters. Just take the ball out for yourself and see what it does
Unfortunately knowing your PAP will tell you nothing about the drilling either. PAP will not tell you his rev rate, ball speed, axis til, axis rotation.

Now along knowing the bowlers stats, knowing the pin and mb distances from the bowlers PAP will give you more of a clue what he ball will do, and that is not taking in the factors of the lanes themselves.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:02 PM

BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Trade Feedback: 18 reviews
iTrader Rating: (18)
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbor View Post
I just bought this ball and had it drilled....I'm a low-rev, slow-speed guy. I don't understand the complexities of drilling a ball, and so I put myself in the hands of the pro shop and told him that I need all the help I can get from the drilling! I know it's after-the-fact but can someone tell me, if possible from the picture and the info I've given you, the ball-reaction characteristics that would result from this drilling?
Have you thrown the ball yet?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback
faballfan's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeNoRevs View Post
Unfortunately knowing your PAP will tell you nothing about the drilling either. PAP will not tell you his rev rate, ball speed, axis til, axis rotation.

Now along knowing the bowlers stats, knowing the pin and mb distances from the bowlers PAP will give you more of a clue what he ball will do, and that is not taking in the factors of the lanes themselves.
That is why I stated "PAP for starters" I didn't feel the need to state all items as the op was very basic

Old 07-04-2017, 03:21 PM
TomaHawk

PBA Hall of Famer

Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbor View Post
You've indicated that you are a "low rev / slow speed" player. Drill pattern or not, the overall characteristics of the Sure Lock makes it one of the most aggressive balls on the market. With the information you've given, unless you are bowling on an absolute flood, chances are you'll probably need to change the coverstock.

....just curious, why did you decide to buy this particular ball?

Old 07-05-2017, 05:23 PM
BBE Rules!

Submit Trade Feedback

Thanks everyone for your input. Being the newbie I am, I don't know any of the other data you've mentioned....pap, etc. I bought the ball for a medium/heavy-oil house because I just thought I'd need an aggressive that wouldn't need a lot of help from me. Kinda simplistic, I know, but there's so much technical stuff in this game, it can be overwhelming...also, getting older...aches and pains! I did throw some practice shots with the ball and, yes, it hooks a bunch.