Mood:
Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback
Gibby357's USBC Achievements PageID: 9046-7778
Gibby357's eBay Home Page
The Secret Sauce Problem

Hey guys,

I bought a bottle of The Secret Sauce a little more than a year ago and after using it a few times put it in my bag and forgot about it. I did not forget about it because it did not work. It worked really well and I was impressed. I just started using more solid balls and less balls that needed to be polished.
So, I went recently purchased a pearl ball and went to polish my Wreck'em and after shaking vigorously and putting a few drops on the cloth, it seemed that the Sauce left a cloudy residue on the ball. It certainly did not polish it like previously. I used water and it got better but no where near it's potential. Is it time to get a new bottle of polish or is there something I can do to restore this bottle back to its former glory?

Re: The Secret Sauce Problem
Old 07-29-2017, 01:40 PM
BBE Hall of Famer
US Military Service
BBE Ain't Got One YET Club
BBE Authorized Retailer
BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 60 reviews
iTrader Rating: (60)
Submit Trade Feedback
roylay's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby357 View Post
Hey guys,

I bought a bottle of The Secret Sauce a little more than a year ago and after using it a few times put it in my bag and forgot about it. I did not forget about it because it did not work. It worked really well and I was impressed. I just started using more solid balls and less balls that needed to be polished.
So, I went recently purchased a pearl ball and went to polish my Wreck'em and after shaking vigorously and putting a few drops on the cloth, it seemed that the Sauce left a cloudy residue on the ball. It certainly did not polish it like previously. I used water and it got better but no where near it's potential. Is it time to get a new bottle of polish or is there something I can do to restore this bottle back to its former glory?
I've had my bottle for at least 5 yrs. I used it a week ago, and it still works as it always has. It lasts a long time because you don't need to use much to get the job done. be well.

"Be good to yourself, and kind to others" mom

"I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet" mom

Old 08-03-2017, 09:32 PM
F.O.S
BBE Forum Moderator
PBA Hall of Famer

Trade Feedback: 17 reviews
iTrader Rating: (17)
Submit Trade Feedback

Many polishes, including Secret Sauce, will allow the abrasive to precipitate out of solution. Most need a really good shaking for a LONG time, vigorously, to get the abrasive back into solution. Some will even harden to the point where you need a long screwdriver ti get to the bottom to break up the hardened abrasive.

Yours may be in this condition. Be careful not to puncture the plastic bottom of the container.

I would be inclined NOT to carry polish in your bag; it is subject to too many environmental changes in temperature and humidity. Besides, one rarely polishes a ball at the lanes.

Oh, and most often the cloudy residue is polish that has dried too quickly. It usually needs to be removed with a good cleaner. Next time, moisten the pad you use to apply the polish and don't wait for it to dry before buffing the ball to a gloss finish.
  Thanks from:

Old 08-06-2017, 11:06 PM
BBE Hall of Famer
US Military Service
BBE Ain't Got One YET Club
BBE Authorized Retailer
BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 60 reviews
iTrader Rating: (60)
Submit Trade Feedback
roylay's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlest View Post
Many polishes, including Secret Sauce, will allow the abrasive to precipitate out of solution. Most need a really good shaking for a LONG time, vigorously, to get the abrasive back into solution. Some will even harden to the point where you need a long screwdriver ti get to the bottom to break up the hardened abrasive.

Yours may be in this condition. Be careful not to puncture the plastic bottom of the container.

I would be inclined NOT to carry polish in your bag; it is subject to too many environmental changes in temperature and humidity. Besides, one rarely polishes a ball at the lanes.

Oh, and most often the cloudy residue is polish that has dried too quickly. It usually needs to be removed with a good cleaner. Next time, moisten the pad you use to apply the polish and don't wait for it to dry before buffing the ball to a gloss finish.
Amen!

"Be good to yourself, and kind to others" mom

"I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet" mom