Go Back   BBE BowlingBallExchange > Certified Ball Reviews > Hammer Ball Reviews
Wicked Hook and Devastating Carry!
Always on? 

Hammer Rebel
Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 PM
B O W L E R
USBC Level 1-2 Coach

F.O.S
BBE Site Administrator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 2 reviews
iTrader Rating: (2)
Submit Trade Feedback
RevZiLLa's USBC Achievements PageID: 2357-5558
RevZiLLa's eBay Home Page RevZiLLa's facebook Page Buy me a Soda?
Hammer Rebel

BBE Members, please post your reviews below.
* NOTE - In order to ensure quality, ball reviews are checked by staff before they are shown in the thread below. Staff may ask you to make your reveiw more substantive or less inflammatory

Suggested ball review template
http://www.bowlingballexchange.com/s...ad.php?t=17493

Hammer Rebel
Old 07-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Stroker

Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback
ignitebowling's facebook Page
Hammer Rebel

Got the New Hammer Rebel to try out for a short reaction video. The ball is drilled with a 5" pin to PAP.

Tried the ball out first at box finish of 500/1000 plus factory polish. I am not a big fan of polished finish on any ball, and always adjust it prior to using a new ball. For this video I wanted to leave the factory finish first, then try a comparison at 1000 siaair.

Box finish the ball is very clean and very sensitive to oil. If I hit the friction right down lane the ball responded quickly...if not the ball would hang or labor getting back and have a weak pocket hit or not make it back to the pocket period. Trying to move a little further right to have a stronger area of friction did not work. Too much friction and too much ball. Still for slower ball speed bowlers or bowlers with very defined areas of friction to play off of the box finish works.

I then adjusted the ball surface with a new 1000 siaair pad to see if we could get a noticeable difference for the video. WOW. This ball at 1000 siaair can really handle some heavier oil with ease. Took me a few shots to get the ball through the heads compared to before. Adjusted my feet a little further left and was able to get the ball out much easier and had a great look. This ball can easily be a great choice for much heavier oil with just a little tweak to the surface. Sensitivity to oil down lane was gone and this ball really wanted to dig in and hook. I was very surprised.

Not shown in the video. I adjust the surface up some with an older 2000 siaair pad to get a little tamer over all reaction from this ball. It was a very happy median between the two surfaces seen in the video.

https://youtu.be/8Mr7JJi9lvE

Hammer Rebel
Stroker

Submit Trade Feedback
Hammer Rebel

Got the New Hammer Rebel to try out for a short reaction video. The ball is drilled with a 5" pin to PAP.

Tried the ball out first at box finish of 500/1000 plus factory polish. I am not a big fan of polished finish on any ball, and always adjust it prior to using a new ball. For this video I wanted to leave the factory finish first, then try a comparison at 1000 siaair.

Box finish the ball is very clean and very sensitive to oil. If I hit the friction right down lane the ball responded quickly...if not the ball would hang or labor getting back and have a weak pocket hit or not make it back to the pocket period. Trying to move a little further right to have a stronger area of friction did not work. Too much friction and too much ball. Still for slower ball speed bowlers or bowlers with very defined areas of friction to play off of the box finish works.

I then adjusted the ball surface with a new 1000 siaair pad to see if we could get a noticeable difference for the video. WOW. This ball at 1000 siaair can really handle some heavier oil with ease. Took me a few shots to get the ball through the heads compared to before. Adjusted my feet a little further left and was able to get the ball out much easier and had a great look. This ball can easily be a great choice for much heavier oil with just a little tweak to the surface. Sensitivity to oil down lane was gone and this ball really wanted to dig in and hook. I was very surprised.

Not shown in the video. I adjust the surface up some with an older 2000 siaair pad to get a little tamer over all reaction from this ball. It was a very happy median between the two surfaces seen in the video.

Hammer Rebel
Stroker

Submit Trade Feedback
Hammer Rebel