Always on? 

Azo ball cracks around the middle
Old 01-28-2018, 09:22 PM
Stroker

Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback
Azo ball cracks around the middle

I bought a 13 pound Azo ball from Bowlingball.com last April. I used it a few times and put it on my ball shelf. The next time I picked it up it was cracked in an arc above the finger holes. I was disgusted and took pictures to send to the company. There is no place on Bowlingball.coms customer service to send pictures, so I described the cracking in detail and told them I have pictures. I have gotten no reply.

Tonight I picked it up to move it and it is cracked two thirds of the way around the middle. I have never had a ball crack before and in the last 4 years I have purchased quite a few for me or my friends, as well as the youth bowlers at a local high school. To say I am disgusted is quite mild. I just carried the ***** thing out and threw it in my dumpster. Really?

Re: Azo ball cracks around the middle
Old 01-28-2018, 09:42 PM

BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Trade Feedback: 18 reviews
iTrader Rating: (18)
Submit Trade Feedback

You seem to be handling this quite maturly. It is the norm that balls crack. If you bought the ball from a pro shop then all of been needed is taking the ball there.

If you bought the ball from an online retailer then a simple phone call would of probably started the replacement process.

Now it looks like you SOL because of your actions.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:42 PM
Stroker

Submit Trade Feedback

I don't have the patience or willingness to deal with people over defective products. If they built junk, I throw the junk where it belongs. If I had purchased it at a pro shop, it would become their problem, not mine. I value my time and peace of mind more than the cost of a bowling ball.

If other people want to spend their time on the phone, go for it. I have to go to a bank tomorrow to deal with a problem in their system that I have been trying to get corrected for months now about making my car payment. If I could afford to sell the **** thing I would just to get rid of the bank the dealer pushed on me. I don't like people or corporations wasting my time.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:18 AM
BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
PBA Hall of Famer

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback
milorafferty's eBay Home Page

Wow. I'm glad my life doesn't have so much drama.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Tweener

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 4 reviews
iTrader Rating: (4)
Submit Trade Feedback
Buy me a Soda?

I understand your frustration that the product you bought didn't hold up but think about it like this....bowling equipment is designed by people even if machinery is involved. People make mistakes. People also are also involved with the materials that go into pouring the balls, human error factor again. There are lots of factors that cause equipment to crack and although manufacturers try and stay on top of them, it happens. The company would have most likely handled the problem with no issues had you just called them. I understand not wanting to deal with it but in my case money is far more difficult to earn these days and I'm not throwing away the cost of a ball just because of the inconvenience of giving a little of my time. You may be in a different spot but the time it took to post on here might have been only slightly less than it would have taken to call and take care of the issue you had.

As for banks, my wife manages a bank and every time they have a mechanical break down with an ATM or the tube system outside at least one person comes in gets disgruntled about having to park and walk in and berates her. She doesn't fix the machines and the people in the bank may not handle the i.t. issue you are having with their system. Her bank genuinely tries to please their customers but sometimes there are issues and they try and resolve them as fast as possible. If that's not the case with your bank I'm sorry.

It's never enjoyable to take time away from work/personal time to be on the phone, or otherwise, to deal with "someone else's problem" but it's a necessary evil. I get upset too and have to take a breath and calm down. Maybe next time try and give them a chance to fix the problem. Also emails get lost in the mix becasue of the volume coming in, a call almost always gets a faster resolution.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:27 AM

BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Man View Post
I don't have the patience or willingness to deal with people over defective products. If they built junk, I throw the junk where it belongs. If I had purchased it at a pro shop, it would become their problem, not mine. I value my time and peace of mind more than the cost of a bowling ball.

If other people want to spend their time on the phone, go for it. I have to go to a bank tomorrow to deal with a problem in their system that I have been trying to get corrected for months now about making my car payment. If I could afford to sell the **** thing I would just to get rid of the bank the dealer pushed on me. I don't like people or corporations wasting my time.
I really dont care about the other issues you have with your car and the bank, as this has nothing to do with the bowling ball cracking. I like how you said you dont have time to deal with that stuff, but you have commented in 2 different threads about your ball cracking.

Ball companies are walking the tight line between performance and durability. Before resin came out, we never had to worry about balls cracking. Now we do. We have to be careful about where we keep the balls, make sure the pro shop operator does not drill into the pin, etc.

BTW, AZO did not build "junk". They have Storm pouring their products. Again, a SIMPLE phone call with the online retailer or AZO would of probably had a new ball arriving tomorrow.

I hope you handle this situation differently next time.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:29 AM
INNER GUARD-BARABOO ELKS LODGE#688
F.O.S
PBA Hall of Famer

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 3 reviews
iTrader Rating: (3)
Submit Trade Feedback
kiefenstien's USBC Achievements PageID: 2441-981

All bowling companies have bowling balls that crack. My Lane 1 Agent Orange cracked all the way around from finger to thumb hole. My Brunswick Smash Zone cracked from finger to weight hole. My Hell Bent Piracy Tour is spider cracking around the fingers right now. Cracking happens and yes it does suck, but it doesn't mean these companies suck or deserve to close their doors because they are cheating us bowlers into buying more bowling balls.
I personally will never buy a bowling ball from Bowlingball.com because of their customer service and how I was treated once.

IN THE BAG MONDAY NIGHTS
LORD FIELD- HIGGS ATOM
NATURAL ENEMIES- WILD CAT
CIRCLE- HIGH VOLTAGE
LANE #1- CRYSTAL DIAMOND

IN THE BAG WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
900 GLOBAL- CARDINAL BOOST
MORICH- AWESOME REVS
LANE #1- CRYSTAL DIAMOND

Old 01-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Stroker

Submit Trade Feedback
ignitebowling's facebook Page

I've had undrilled balls crack. They never stop curing it's always a possibility.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:05 PM
TomaHawk

PBA Hall of Famer

Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Man View Post

Things happen and it always seems that they pile up on top of each other. Dealing with a bowling ball cracking is frustrating, but hardly the worst of the situations we can be confronted with.

Old 01-29-2018, 07:41 PM
Stroker

Submit Trade Feedback

"I like how you said you dont have time to deal with that stuff, but you have commented in 2 different threads about your ball cracking."

If you checked the time of my posts you will see it is before or after business hours.

"I personally will never buy a bowling ball from Bowlingball.com because of their customer service and how I was treated once."

I agree wholeheartedly.

"BTW, AZO did not build "junk". They have Storm pouring their products. Again, a SIMPLE phone call with the online retailer or AZO would of probably had a new ball arriving tomorrow.

I hope you handle this situation differently next time."

Every ball I have seen cracked has been a Storm product. There won't be a next time for them.

"As for banks, my wife manages a bank and every time they have a mechanical break down with an ATM or the tube system outside at least one person comes in gets disgruntled about having to park and walk in and berates her. She doesn't fix the machines and the people in the bank may not handle the i.t. issue you are having with their system. Her bank genuinely tries to please their customers but sometimes there are issues and they try and resolve them as fast as possible. If that's not the case with your bank I'm sorry."

I gave them their last chance today and got the same blow off I have been getting. This guys solution was for me to drive 45 miles to his branch and pay in person because their weekend on line banking doesn't work. This is 2018 folks, catch up with the rest of the industry.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:00 AM

F.O.S
BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Trade Feedback: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tywithay Send a message via Yahoo to Tywithay
iTrader Rating: (14)
Submit Trade Feedback
Tywithay's facebook Page

Here's my list of cracked balls over the years:

Lane #1 Supernova
Lane #1 THS
Hammer No Mercy Beat'N
Hammer Hot Sauce Pearl
Storm Paradigm (x2)
Ebonite Angular One (x2)
Brunswick Radical Inferno
Brunswick Quantum Helix
Radical Yeti Untamed
900 Global All Day
900 Global Respect Pear

A slew of brands and different coverstocks over the years. In other words, sh*t happens. It will happen to pretty much everyone at some point. No reason to be a dick about it.