F.O.S
BBE Site Administrator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 2 reviews
iTrader Rating: (2)
Submit Trade Feedback
RevZiLLa's USBC Achievements PageID: 2357-5558
RevZiLLa's eBay Home Page RevZiLLa's facebook Page Buy me a Soda?
Motiv Forza GT

BBE Members, please post your reviews below.
* NOTE - In order to ensure quality, ball reviews are checked by staff before they are shown in the thread below. Staff may ask you to make your reveiw more substantive or less inflammatory

Suggested ball review template
http://www.bowlingballexchange.com/s...ad.php?t=17493

Re: Motiv Forza GT
Old 08-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Lurker

Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback

Motiv Forza GT (http://www.motivbowling.com/products.../forza-gt.html)
45 x 4 x 45 (OOB Surface)

Personal Stats:
400-450 RPM
18-20 MPH
PAP - 5 5/8" over, 1" up
Axis Tilt - Estimated 8-12 Degrees
Current League Average: 238

Intended Use:
I put my go to pin-down layout on this ball looking for a nice benchmark motion. With its hybrid coverstock, the Forza GT is a little later than the original Forza, and a little later than the Forza Redline.

Reaction:
I got exactly what I was looking for out of the Forza GT. This ball is one of the first out of the bag on medium-oily lane conditions. The hybrid coverstock retains enough energy to pop off the back of the pattern, but the ball is strong enough not to hydroplane in oil.

Overall:
The Forza GT provides an excellent look at the lanes as first out of the bag. If I need something stronger, I can use a Trident. Smoother, a Revolt Havoc. Weaker, drop down to a Venom Shock. Very predictable motion that has been great on those medium length patterns.

Bobby Benton
Maryland

MOTIV Staff Member
www.motivbowling.com

Motiv Forza GT Review
Old 08-14-2016, 11:30 PM
BBE Rules!

Submit Trade Feedback
Motiv Forza GT Review

Ball Specs:
Motiv Forza GT
Hybrid Reactive
4000 Grit LSS
Symmetric Core
Layout 70 x 4.5 x 35

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The Forza GT is a nice addition to the Forza Line. It is also noted the other Forza balls have been discontinued. The Forza GT still uses the Torx core which matches the Hybrid cover nicely. The GT would fit right between the original Forza which wanted to start early and the Redline which was very angular compared to the GT. The Forza GT is really the best of both worlds. The Forza GT is a very nice looking ball and can easily be polished for more length and backend. Like the other Forza balls, the GT drives through the pocket keeping the pins low. In my opinion the newer Motiv Balls seem to clean easier and feel tackier after cleaning. In the current line the Forza GT fits under my Revolt Havoc and above my Octane Burn. The Forza GT is very predictable and hard hitting and is a must have for house shots. The Forza GT reads early enough but still saves power for the back end. It is easy to line up with the GT and once you do, you can beat the pocket up all night. I got my best results with swinging the GT on a house shot or going up the boards on a sport pattern. In the video we are on the Tower of Piza and the ball rolled very well even with my lower rev rate. It would not be my first choice on heavy and flat patterns but will still work. As I said before a THS is where this ball really shines! I do not think we have seen the last of the Forza line from Motiv.

Summary:
The Forza GT has a new predictable Hybrid cover
This ball is a House Shot must have,
The Forza GT hits hard and keeps pins low.
Polishes well but maintains the same predictability.
This is another great core/cover match.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Ultimate Staff

www.motivbowlng.com

www.sportshot64@comcast.net

Old 08-25-2016, 12:46 PM
BBE Rules!

Submit Trade Feedback

Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: Back for the 3rd time with in the legendary Forza series is the Forza GT, this hybrid combines both the control of the original Forza with the continuation and hitting power of the Forza Redline. The GT Helix Hybrid Reactive coverstock provides easy length and the Torx core provides controllable continuation through the pin deck.

Out of box surface: 4000 Grit LSS

Layout &Ball Reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZx0JDMmn-I

Comparisons

Forza: The original Forza was controllable and early which made it ideal for medium heavy patterns, out of the entire Forza line the original would be the snow tire of the three. Because it was a snow tire it was somewhat condition specific in terms of overall usage, the Forza GT provides a different overall ball motion and reaction. In term of encountering friction, the Forza would become lazy whereas the GT would pick up and roll through the friction. Overall the GT provided a faster and smoother reaction than the Forza.

Forza Redline: The Forza Redline provides a faster response time upon encountering friction as well as providing a more angular ball motion that the Forza GT overall, the difference in what the GT does upon encountering friction is the overall ball motion. The GT is not as sharp as the Forza Redline as it is smoother and provides a more controlled ball motion overall, unlike the GT the Redline is not ideal in terms of usage on heavier patterns.

Summary: Satisfaction at first roll is the best way I can describe the Forza GT, having the original and the Redline in the same bag I’m rather fond of the shape all three provide me with. In terms of overall reaction the original Forza was early and controllable which made it ideal heavier patterns, the Forza Redline is considered the fastest and most angular of the three, and the Forza GT is longer than the original Forza but it isn’t as sharp as the Forza Redline. A perfect fit in between the two.

Although I didn’t include the Havoc in the video, the Havoc is earlier than the GT but it is also slower than the GT down lane. At the end of the day Motiv has done what they’ve always done and that is giving society a product that does as advertised, and the Forza GT is just that. If you are looking for something to play a little deeper with but with a smoother ball motion, and if you’re a fan of controlled continuation then I encourage you to take a look at the Forza GT.

Your game will thank you for it.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:05 AM
BBE Rules!

Submit Trade Feedback

Ball Specs and Layout:
Torx Core
Helix HR Coverstock
4000 Grit LSS
70x4x40

Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 17 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Environment:
Fresh 42’ THS

Review:
The Forza GT is going to be strongly versatile on numerous patterns, both house and sport. I compared my Forza GT to my Primal Rage Remix, as both contain a Hybrid coverstock. I easily noticed how the Forza GT gets into a heavier roll through the front and middle part of the lane. Having a similar layout on my Rage Remix, I did notice the smoother motion on the backend of the lane. With the signature continuation on the backend, the shape does remind me the Covert Revolt and original Forza – which is still amazing and a favorite to a lot of bowlers. The combination of the Forza GT and Rage Remix will a great combination, especially for those that compete in numerous tournaments and bowls in multiple houses.

Exterior design
Versatile for many styles

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
The Forza GT will easily become the benchmark ball for a lot of bowlers. It’s heavy rolling, has a smooth shape on the backend, and keeps hooking without sacrificing any hitting power. It wouldn’t shock me to hear that this may be the best Forza yet. The Forza GT will be a great compliment to many of the other MOTIV balls, both current and older.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member