Sigma Cores Matter!

Charcoal Solid/Red
Core: Sigma
Coverstock: Helix HFS Reactive
Finish: 3000 Grit LSS
RG: 2.47 (for 15# ball)
Differential: .047 (for 15# ball)
Recommended Lane Condition: Medium to Medium-Heavy Oil

Summary: The Forza SS is the 4th installment of the Forza series and the 2nd with a solid cover, the Helix High Friction Solid Reactive makes the Forza SS the strongest and earliest of the four. The concept behind the Forza SS was to develop a ball that will provide versatility and plenty of hook potential and the SS does as advertised, out of box I found the SS to be very early and it let me know if the pattern had enough oil for it to serve its purpose. Iíve had a lot of success with the Forza series and I love it for the consistency it gives me and the Sigma core is one of my all-time favorite cores.

In its natural state the SS is early and commands oil because of the amount of teeth the cover possesses, the roll is continuously heavy which I found ideal for when I encountered over/under conditions as the SS would roll right through it. In terms of hook I got more than what I bargained for as the original Forza never left me wanting for hook but the Forza SS gives me so much more, I love the SS at box.

The original Forza was controllable and early which made it ideal for medium heavy patterns, The Forza Redline provided a faster response time upon encountering friction as well as providing a more angular ball motion, The Forza GT provided a controlled ball motion, and the Forza SS is the strongest ball in the Forza series In comparing the Forza SS to my Ghost the Ghost is stronger overall, although the shape is similar to the SS the Ghost is earlier than the SS. It also possesses more overall hook and can handle more oil than the SS. In comparing the Forza SS to my Venom Shock I found the Shock to be cleaner than the SS overall and has a faster response time to friction than that of the SS, overall the Shock is smaller than the SS.

If you've got a love jones for the Forza series much like myself I encourage you give the Forza SS a moment of your time.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
MOTIV StafF

WhyBowl Staff

Mongoose Staff

Re: Sigma Cores Matter!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:41 PM
B O W L E R
USBC Level 1-2 Coach

F.O.S
BBE Site Administrator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 2 reviews
iTrader Rating: (2)
Submit Trade Feedback
RevZiLLa's USBC Achievements PageID: 2357-5558
RevZiLLa's eBay Home Page RevZiLLa's facebook Page Buy me a Soda?

Nice review

Moved this from Bowling Misc to Motiv for you

..Victory Is An Addiction

Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 AM
BBE Rules!

Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback

I really like this ball. It is strong and hits HARD! It does need quite a bit of oil. I find, at least for me, this ball does not last long at all on THS. At the start of the first game it rolls beautifully and with a very firm hand pimp slaps the hell out of the pocket. However 3/4 of the way through the 1st game it starts to cut too much but because I was in love how it was hitting just a couple frames before I get stubborn and try to stick with it instead of changing balls...lol I think this ball may work wonders in a tournament setting with more oil...at least for me anyways.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:53 PM
BBE Authorized Retailer

BBE Forum Moderator
PBA Hall of Famer

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 18 reviews
iTrader Rating: (18)
Submit Trade Feedback
milorafferty's eBay Home Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder024 View Post
I really like this ball. It is strong and hits HARD! It does need quite a bit of oil. I find, at least for me, this ball does not last long at all on THS. At the start of the first game it rolls beautifully and with a very firm hand pimp slaps the hell out of the pocket. However 3/4 of the way through the 1st game it starts to cut too much but because I was in love how it was hitting just a couple frames before I get stubborn and try to stick with it instead of changing balls...lol I think this ball may work wonders in a tournament setting with more oil...at least for me anyways.
The SS does need decent oil in the heads to be effective in my experience. And unless you have a lot of hand, it's probably not going to be a ball you get very deep with effectively. In the Motiv line, a good option would be the original Paranoia if you can find one. Or the Venom Cobra, Octane Carbon or Tag Cannon in order of strength.

If you want to get with something other than Motive, every company has pretty much the same options. Find one with a color you like.