The last month or so,I have been hearing a lot of heavy handed players
complaining about their dislike for these pins.They have been saying they
don't like them,because they leave to many 9pins and 5 pins with
The Twister.

They are to the point that they are refusing to bowl at houses that
have them.

I have never had any problem with scoring with these pins.Does
anyone else have problems with them.

The following is some information about the pins.

Longer Life — LESS MAINTENANCE

With its extreme durability, the Twister® has a much longer life than conventional wood pins. And, since it doesn’t compact or compress like wood, there is no need to “rest” or rotate the Twister® or worry about moisture content. Twister® won’t need to be replaced as often, and additional rotation sets won’t need to be purchased. All of this adds up to big savings on your bottom line !

Compare THE COST PER LINE

When shopping for bowling pins, the overall pin cost per line is a true indicator of which pin represents the best value for a Bowling Center. The overall cost per line of the Twister® are less than with any other pin on the market. Add to that its consistent scoring, and the Twister® is by far the best value for any Bowling Center

One of the BEST WARRANTIES

With one of the best warranties in the industry, you can have peace of mind knowing that your Twisters® will be covered longer than most wood pins on the market. Ask your Authorized Twisters® Distributor for details.

Glows UNDER BLACK LIGHTING

Along with the white body of the Twister®, the new red stripes glow under the appropriate black lighting and work with all automatic scoring systems. Twister® is the only pin with glow-stripes in real red.

Consistent SCORABILITY

Since its shape hardly changes while in play, the Twister® retains its original properties during its life. The result ? The flight of Twister® pins remains consistent and true, even after thousands and thousands of lines of use. This means scoring levels remain the same and bowlers can expect the same pin action from day one !

Highest NECK STRENGTH

The neck area of the Twister® is extremely strong. It exceeds the dynamic break resistance of wood pins by far.

Quickly Gaining IN POPULARITY

Ever since its introduction to the bowling marketplace, the acceptance and popularity of the Twister® pin has steadily grown. Proprietors worldwide are viewing the Twister® as the "pin of the future" and are realizing the many benefits the Twister® has to offer. In addition, many prestigious bowling events have selected the Twister® as their pin of choice. The ABC Championships in Reno in both 2001 and 2004 have chosen the Twister® as their "official pin" and it has been used in the ABC Masters
events several times since 2001

Over thirty years of superior German engineering has resulted in the development of the Twister® − the first mass-produced synthetic bowling pin to obtain ABC/WIBC and USBC approval for use in sanctioned competition. First hitting the market in the summer of 1999, the Twister® has enjoyed much success as a viable replacement for wood pins as proprietors around the world are making the switch to the synthetic Twister®.

90000 Twister Bowling Pins Synthetic

3 - YEAR WARRANTY EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH BOWLING DISTRIBUTOR
When shopping for bowling pins, the overall pin cost per line is a true indicator of which pin represents the best value for a Bowling Center. Even with the initial higher cost per set of Twister® pins, its durability and warranty make the overall cost per line less than any other bowling pin on the market. Add to that its consistent scoring, and the Twister® is by far the best value for any Bowling Center.

There are several high lineage centers still using the same Twister Pins upto 5 years old.

Longer Life — LESS MAINTENANCE
With its extreme durability, the Twister® has a much longer life than conventional wood pins. And, since it doesn’t compact or compress like wood, there is no need to “rest” or rotate the Twister® or worry about moisture content. Twister® won’t need to be replaced as often, and additional rotation sets won’t need to be purchased. All of this adds up to big savings on your bottom line !

Compare THE COST PER LINE
When shopping for bowling pins, the overall pin cost per line is a true indicator of which pin represents the best value for a Bowling Center. The overall cost per line of the Twister® are less than with any other pin on the market. Add to that its consistent scoring, and the Twister® is by far the best value for any Bowling Center.

One of the BEST WARRANTIES
With one of the best warranties in the industry, you can have peace of mind knowing that your Twisters® will be covered longer than most wood pins on the market. Ask your Authorized Twisters® Distributor for details.

Glows UNDER BLACK LIGHTING
Along with the white body of the Twister®, the new red stripes glow under the appropriate black lighting and work with all automatic scoring systems. Twister® is the only pin with glow-stripes in real red.

Consistent SCORABILITY
Since its shape hardly changes while in play, the Twister® retains its original properties during its life. The result ? The flight of Twister® pins remains consistent and true, even after thousands and thousands of lines of use. This means scoring levels remain the same and bowlers can expect the same pin action from day one !

Highest NECK STRENGTH
The neck area of the Twister® is extremely strong. It exceeds the dynamic break resistance of wood pins by far.

Quickly Gaining IN POPULARITY
Ever since its introduction to the bowling marketplace, the acceptance and popularity of the Twister® pin has steadily grown. Proprietors worldwide are viewing the Twister® as the "pin of the future" and are realizing the many benefits the Twister® has to offer. In addition, many prestigious bowling events have selected the Twister® as their pin of choice. The ABC Championships in Reno in both 2001 and 2004 have chosen the Twister® as their "official pin" and it has been used in the ABC Masters
events several times since 2001.

Testimonials
Alan Downs, Proprietor, Cherry Grove Lanes, Cincinnati, Ohio USA
After three years, the Twister® still score like they did when we first put them in. And they save me money in the long run. I think every proprietor should take a serious look at Twisters®.

Mike Heasman, Chief Mechanic, Airport Bowl, London, England
Being a high lineage, major tournament centre, the Airport Bowl likes to be at the forefront of the industry. That’s why we decided to try the new Twister® Pins. I’m really glad we did

Mike Kozy, General Manager, Olympia Lanes, Hammond, IN
We chose Twister® pins ... and we´re glad we did. When it came time to replace the pins last year, I had a choice to make. I wanted a pin that scored well, was cost effective, and would last a while. My choice? The Twister® synthetic pin. And now? I couldn’t be happier. The pins look great and we’re getting plenty of honor scores. I made a wise move in going with Twisters®.

Dan, Ghost Alley, Wadsworth, OH
I wanted to thank you again for your expert advise on the selection of our purchase of NEW pins. When I saw my first box open and got to hold one, I knew it was the right choice. I couldn't wait to change out the old wooden pins for the new. Upon doing so, the vibrant luster of the pins with the deck light on was so inviting. All of the employees couldn't resist to bowling as soon as they saw them. I know the same effect will be from our bowlers. The smiles that I received let me know that I had made the right choice. It was a no brainer because of the difference in cost and the warranty offered by the manufacturer. Best yet, the construction of the pin is such that the texture will eliminate the cross conveyor problems and allow me to put more oil on the lane to improve the shot and protect the lane finish. From my experience with the regular wooden pin, I no longer have to worry about bellies splitting. bottom plastic rings splitting and falling off or temperature and moisture change. Since the pins are synthetic, I feel very good about the fact that I've saved a couple more trees!!!
Thanks Again for all your HELP!!!

USBC Approved!
Sold per Case of 10 Pins.

90000 from Twister90000 price: 179.00 special price: 169.00

Re: Twister Synthectic Bowling Pins
Old 06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
bowler666
BBE League Champion
BBE Ain't Got One YET Club
F.O.S
Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 10 reviews
iTrader Rating: (10)
Submit Trade Feedback
bowler666's eBay Home Page

I can speak from experience we have them in my home house i worked with them and bowled with them. They are good for about a year then they go to crap the carry falls away they dont fly around the deck anymore. We had mens state this year and i have never seen so many 200+ average guys not carrying. Includeing Matt McNeil who just broke the all events record at nationals. He bowled like crap. He would hit the pocket all the time but nothing would carry the same way twice. Thats what i have seen. And how i feel.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
USBC Level 1-2 Coach
PBA Hall of Famer

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 2 reviews
iTrader Rating: (2)
Submit Trade Feedback

You ought to try bowling with magnesium coated pins, Geeeeesh. Ive had the opportunity to do that the last few weeks and I tell ya, those pins just dont move. You have to hit the pocket pretty darn good to strike with them.
Brunswick Revolver, 14lb (45* Drill)
Brunswick Loaded Revolver, 14lb (45* Drill)
Brunswick Anaconda, 14lb (45* Drill)
Brunswick Slingshot, 14lb (45* Drill)

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary

Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
BBE League Champion

F.O.S
PBA Hall of Famer

Trade Feedback: 3 reviews
iTrader Rating: (3)
Submit Trade Feedback
8 10 no hand's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

i personally love twister pins, i throw with plenty of hand, and they seem to fly around better than any of the other pins i've bowled with. people just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM

F.O.S
BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Trade Feedback: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tywithay Send a message via Yahoo to Tywithay
iTrader Rating: (13)
Submit Trade Feedback
Tywithay's facebook Page

I've bowled with twisters for a few years and have had zero issue with them. Granted, my house replaces the pins each fall so we don't have to worry about dead pins, but I haven't had any problems with carry. No more than anywhere else I should say. If you're leaving 9 pins (as a righty) I don't think the pins have much to do with it. It's your ball coming in at too sharp an angle.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
F.O.S
Pro Bowler

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 7 reviews
iTrader Rating: (7)
Submit Trade Feedback

Wow Ty yall are lucky up here I swear every now and again they have a hollow pin I think they replace the pins here maybe once a decade lol....

:

Quantum Fire
Liberator

Old 06-06-2010, 05:41 PM
bowler666
BBE League Champion
F.O.S
Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 10 reviews
iTrader Rating: (10)
Submit Trade Feedback
bowler666's eBay Home Page

yea at ares we havent replaced them in over two years there dead. i loved them to start with

Old 06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback

We have Twisters at our house. They are about 4 yrs old and are complete junk. Might be good when new, but after a couple of yrs, it sounds like hitting water logged wood pins. We are suppose to be getting new Amflites before the beginning of next season.....

Old 06-06-2010, 11:05 PM
USBC Silver Level Coach

F.O.S
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Randy T
iTrader Rating: (25)
Submit Trade Feedback
Randy T's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Our house use to have them a few years back I know not as many messengers were getting sent as now since we went to the wood pins.

They get all cut up and sound like crap.

We actually save money with the wood pins since we just exchange them every 2 years
U.S.C. ALUMNI

Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 PM
US Military Service
USBC Level 1-2 Coach

F.O.S
BBE Forum Moderator
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Phatdon
iTrader Rating: (8)
Submit Trade Feedback
Phatdon's USBC Achievements PageID: 1789-170
Phatdon's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

We have them in one of the houses I bowl in. No issues for me, and I have a pretty good amount of hand. When the rep was here selling them, he was telling the manager to expect lots of 4's and 9's for righties. That turned out to be a true statement. The house bought two complete sets and rotates them every 120 days (4 months) so pin death is not an issue for us. They've been in the machines now for 4+ years and still fly around like brand new. Maybe it's a maintenance issue since the rep who came here said they would last longer if rotated.
On edit... all of my 300's and the 800 came on these pins. But I also have a boat-load of 258's and 279's since thier introduction.
The Arsenal: Right hand
Lane #1
Dynamo (300), Supernova, G-Force (300), Pearl Cobalt, Solid Uranium (300), Enriched Uranium, Crystal Diamond.
Visionary
Pearl AMB Centaur(290, 299, 805), G-3 Gryphon.
Ebonite
V2 Clean, V3 TPS (299), Nitro R2, Nitro.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 PM

Tweener

Trade Feedback: 1 reviews
iTrader Rating: (1)
Submit Trade Feedback
Dustin2123's eBay Home Page

T mack I believe we got them when you guys did or slightly after. I hate them with a passion. ton of nines

Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
F.O.S
Senior BBE Contributor

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 16 reviews
iTrader Rating: (16)
Submit Trade Feedback
El Scorcho's USBC Achievements PageID: 9313-3668
El Scorcho's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

Bowler666, I didn't bowl at state but some of my teammates did and they absolutely hated those pins at Kandi. Nobody want's to ever bowl there again, lol.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 AM

F.O.S
Cranker

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 5 reviews
iTrader Rating: (5)
Submit Trade Feedback
JohnnyRocket's eBay Home Page Buy me a Soda?

We have them at my house that I bowl in and in polite words they suck. Alot of funky splits seen one guy this year leave a 5-7-10 on a pocket shot. So finally the house has realized that they made a mistake and are going back to wood pins next year. So know the bowling alley will sound like a bowling alley.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Pro Bowler

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2123 View Post
T mack I believe we got them when you guys did or slightly after. I hate them with a passion. ton of nines
Dustin,
I'm sure your pins are apprx. the same age. I was told they were buying new pins for "all" their houses.......we will see....

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 AM
PBA Hall of Famer

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback

About a year ago, when I was a manager at a center, a rep came around trying to sell them. He said that rotating them, and keeping them clean was extremely important.

I've never bowled with them, but I've heard they don't sound right, never heard anything about bad carry till now.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Tweener

Submit Trade Feedback

Tmack.............. We were told that last August as well! So we'll both see this year!!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Pro Bowler

Mood:
Submit Trade Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2123 View Post
Tmack.............. We were told that last August as well! So we'll both see this year!!

Supposedly, Rudy is ordering them at Bowl Expo. Wont be in til late July or August. (so says Rudy)........ I know one thing, we need new pins real bad !!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 AM

Tweener

Submit Trade Feedback

Yes they rounded off bad is what our lane guy tells us............ they are beat all to hell. Supposedly they are going to keep the Twisters and use them in the summer and the wood pins during leagues throughout the fall/winter. That'd be ok by me

Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 PM
BBE Rules!

Mood:
Trade Feedback: 0 reviews
iTrader Rating: (0)
Submit Trade Feedback

The Center I bowl in hasnt replaced pins in about 5 years and when they did they replace the pins with used ones. Now most of them sound like broken baseball bats. Seeing that my center is a corporately owned center they dont wanna spend the money on new pins. On a lighter note we are getting new larger LCD TV's.